Be ahead of the trends this year and shop our latest silhouette – the Lilitta Curve. Our design team has been working hard all year perfecting this heel so it is not only on-trend but reflects our Terry de Havilland style and 70’s brand ethos completely.
The Lillitta is available this week in two colourways for our first release, the Lillita Forest Gold Silver and Lillita Gold Silver. These contrasting colourways have been picked carefully to make sure they are on style with our SS20 collection which will be released just before summer, as well as represent our typical Terry de Havilland look which is built upon metallic snake prints, croc-effect fabrics and leathers.
The Lillita Gold Silver is one of our favourite colour palettes for this season. We also have it available in our Zia, Eva, Ava 50 and Lily so you have a number of silhouettes to pick from. However, the Lilitta holds her own personality. This silhouette is classic yet quirky mixing our open-toe shoe with our curved statement heel.
LILITTA FOREST GOLD SILVER
To stand out even further go for the Lilitta Forest Gold Silver. Our Forest Green hue is a seasonal favourite, also available in our Aria boot, Zia and Lily. This unique heel and colourway is exclusive to Terry de Havilland and you won’t find a 70’s curve quite like it.
WHY SHOP THE LILLITA?
If the pictures aren’t clearly enough on why you should shop the Lillitta, then here are some extra points on what makes this heel so unique and a must for 2020.
- The Lillita is designed with a trio of metallic leathers handpicked and made in small quantities, the chances of bumping into someone with the same pair of shoes on as you are rare, therefore the Lilitta makes you feel unique.
- Our statement curved heel is enough to make you need this silhouette
- If you want to make a statement at a fancy event or even just to dress up a day outfit for dinner with the girls – this shoe is your best friend!
- The 1.5 cm single platform makes walking in our 10 cm heel height look easy.
- Our chunky 70’s platform silhouette is comfortable so you can wear to any event without worrying you won’t last in your heels.
- The strap fastening is subtle and slightly more elegant compared to the chunky platform, which is a flattering finish to the heel. The strap is completed with our lightning bolt buckle which is an iconic trademark to the Terry de Havilland brand.
THE INSPIRATION BEHIND THE CURVED HEEL…
So, what inspired our curved heel? As a brand inspired by 70’s fashions and platforms we are always looking for our next silhouette, delving back into the archives. Our design team decided to not only look at future trends but to find out where these trends originated from.
The curved heel dates back to “The Louis Heel’ worn by King Louis XV who reigned from 1715 to 1774. It was normal for men to wear heels in the 1700s although this began to trickle out of fashion in 1730, King Louis preferred to wear women’s fashion and curves were in from every aspect of their dress, from the waist down to the heels. The French then adapted this style making the heel more of a delicate silhouette, however in true Terry de Havilland style, the English preferred a combination of graceful yet sturdy construction.
We spotted the Curved heel being reinvented in a number of ways, by leading brands on the 2019 catwalks which Fashion Magazine names as the “latest evolution of the heel concept” inspired by surrealism and mystical femininity. Fashion history is always repeating itself, with Elle Magazine naming the curved heel “the IT shoe of the year”. Brands are becoming more creative with their heel shapes and people want their shoes to stand out more. Heels are not only worn for practical reasons but they are created to make you feel good, not only for the wearer but for the people watching to compliment and admire. This is what you get when wearing a Terry de Havilland heel, a heel which not only makes you feel good through innovative design and shape but makes you stand out and admired purely through your shoe choice. Our Lilitta is our most unique heel to date and will without a doubt create wanted attention.